*** VISIT MATTVEASEY.COM FOR NEW ITEMS ***

Thursday, October 13, 2005

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

This website/blog. Fantasy baseball. Fleetwood Mac (pictured). 

Pizza. Citizen's Bank Park. The Godfather I & II. 

My 1994 Toyota Camry. The O'Reilly Factor. 

Cable TV series from HBO and Showtime, such as The Sopranos. 

Dinner and a movie with my wife, the Debber. 

The Eagles (both the Philadelphia pro football team and the singing group). 

Books on important topics by conservative authors. The Washington Times and Town Hall websites. 

Veal parmigiana with a side of pasta. A cherry gelati with vanilla ice cream from Rita's.

The sound of Harry Kalas broadcasting a Phillies game on a warm summer evening. The Big Five.

My pillow.

The columns and/or talk radio programs of Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. 

Seinfeld. My cellphone. St. Lucia. 70's rock and pop music. 

And of course, spending time with my wife Debbie, daughters Christine, Kelly and Melissa, and granddaughter Elysia. 

A slice of pizza from Sam's on the Wildwood NJ boardwalk. My golden retriever Petey. God and country. Jellybeans and salt water taffey. Coca-Cola. 

These are just a few of my favorite things. Pretty eclectic, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to find a new Philly blogger.

I'm a conservative leaning Republican who voted for GW, but I'm in the process of exploring what it means to be Liberal or Conservative.

I'm learning that I sit on both sides depending on the issue.

I've also noticed that a lot of people dislike each other based on political views, which I think is a shame.

Anonymous said...

Don't explore too far and too wide. Things really can be simplified.

A Conservative will support less government intrusion in our lives on an everyday basis, will support keeping taxes low, will support a strong U.S. military both as a defensive deterrant and an offensive catalyst for democracy, will support traditional American family values, and will absolutely have Faith in God.

A liberal will want to redistribute income and lessen incentives for economic expansion, frequently with higher taxes and larger public assistance programs, will want to hold your hand regularly and tell you how to live your life, will support Godless causes such as abortion-on-demand and no prayer/Christian displays in public (schools, buildings, etc), will feel that America should cow-tow to the U.N. and foreign nations in matters of vital national security.

It is VERY easy to tell a Conservative from a lib, and should be very easy for you tell which you are. That doesn't mean that you cannot be Conservative and struggle on an issue or two. I have struggled with the Death Penalty issue all my adult life. But it doesn't change who I am at base.